"New-Method" No. 45
We introduce the email bulletin "New-Method" with our works and guest contributions. This issue No. 45 features photographer Toshihiro Kuroyanagi, who is also the director of space dike, where we held our major solo exhibition last month.
Dike is dike
Toshihiro Kuroyanagi (space dike, photographer)
It was at HIGHTI in Yahiro in Sumida ward, Tokyo, where I saw "Third New-Methodicist Manifesto" by New-Method back in September, 2012. The manifesto in Japanese was projected on the screen, and I found the words "Dike is dike" on the third line. Later the same day, people in the space read silently through the almost 5600 pages together, but the first page was all about their third manifesto for me.
In early summer of 2013, I visited their open studio in Senzoku in Taito ward, Tokyo. Playing a CD borrowed from a town library, they were making a jigsaw puzzle with a picture of the night view of Tokyo station's Marunouchi building before its renovation. They moved and communicated one another as if playing some sports.
In the last weekend of July, 2015, I held "New-Method Major Solo Exhibition Weekend Carpenters" in space dike, where visitors could overview their activities to this day and their latest action. Seeing the flower bouquet they prepared in the entrance, some strangers misunderstood that we opened a new store. The exhibition left a chair they made as "Weekend Carpenters."
When I saw their third manifesto three years ago I remembered nothing after the second page. This time, flipping through the pages of the manifesto in English, I found "dike" on the 236th page as in "Dike is dike." Thus now I've got two faces of the manifesto, one on the first page in Japanese and the other on the 236th page in English.
* I wrote this before the exhibition opened. Therefore, it may contain some fictions.
[Web Works of the New-Methodicists]
- Takahiro Hirama
Not No Work Work
- Shogo Baba
Multi-Layered Matrix of Symbols No. 3
In the previous work, I dealt with temporal changes of numbers and their visual scales varied along date and time.
This work deals with temporal variation of four layers of symbols that compose a logical space.
- Masaru Kaido
Work in Progress
This work is still in progress, which may be completed in future and shown in a different state or may remain incomplete as it is now.
- "Sailboat" http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/sailboat_e.html
- "New-Method Major Solo Exhibition ~Weekend Carpenters~" http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/weekend_e.html
- "New-Method" official webpage has been updated. http://7x7whitebell.net/new-method/
- Takahiro Hirama has updated his website. http://qwertyupoiu.archive661.com/
- Shogo Baba has updated his website. http://7x7whitebell.net/
- Masaru Kaido has updated his website. http://masarukaido.com/
- If you would like to receive the email bulletin "New-Method," please let us know.
- This bulletin is free to redistribute while all rights are reserved.
- This bulletin will sometimes be sort into the spam folder. Please be reminded.
The major solo exhibition of New-Method was so full of contents that it became a good opportunity to look back their activities. Please follow what happens at space dike as well.
info http://spacedike.blogspot.jp/ (M)
Takahiro Hirama @qwertyu1357
Shogo Baba @shogobaba
Masaru Kaido @kaido1900
Bulletin "New-Method" No. 45 English Version
Published on Aug. 4, 2015